Monday 16 June 2008

Soap star admits to wardrobe battle

'EastEnders' star Lacey Turner has admitted that she hates some of her character Stacey's clothes and often refuses to wear certain outfits chosen for her.
The 19-year-old actress told Celebs on Sunday: "I love that her clothes are awful, because lots of girls do actually look like that."
"If her dress sense is really, really bad, it makes mine look better."
Speaking about her on-screen wardrobe, she said: "The worst thing is the pink puffa jacket. I've been trying to get rid of that for ages."
She continued: "I'm now developing a very strong hate for her fluffy coat. I might be able to get rid of it, I think it would be easier to set alight than the pink one."
Turner also said: "I do refuse at times. Some things are too short, clingy, or purely disgusting."
"I used to hate purple and they brought out this skin-tight, really short purple dress. I was like, 'No way'. You've got to have some dignity."